10/4/08

DJ Render reviews The Wackness...


Today I watch a great flick released earlier this year titled The Wackness. I enjoyed it because this story is set in New York summer of 1994. Although I was only thirteen back then, I can relate closely to the lead. Besides the decent story and solid acting, this movies best credit is it’s soundtrack. This flick features all the very best rap and hip hop of the mid nineties. The story follows a slacker pot dealer on his day to day affairs. He befriends an older customer and falls in love. He ultimately is more mature by the end of the film. Josh Peck, Ben Kingsley and the sexy new Olivia Thirlby star in this throw back. I also liked Thirlby in Snow Angels, which she was great in a supporting role. An overall a good flick and worth watching. Especially of you are between 25 and 30.

No comments: